A Just Jen bonus episode. After a week of pause and protests, thoughts on protesting, using your voice to amplify the voices of others without silencing them, and checking your gut when getting things wrong as an ally.
When donating to Ebony Theatre at the link above, make sure to “Specify Designation” as THEATRE FUND, and “Give in Honor of ” EBONY THEATRE. Your donation will pay for refreshments at First Fridays and scholarships for students of color.
- Official George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Justice for Breonna Taylor
- I Run With Maud [Ahmaud Marquez Arbery]
- Donate to families of other victims
- Reclaim The Block is requesting donations be directed to organizations on this list
- The NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Donate to Black Lives Matter
- Black-led Queer and Trans Organization- Black Visions Collective
- Promote Policies of Equality- Color of Change
- Donate and Subscribe to the ACLU & ACLU of Minnesota
- Dignity and Power Now- Dedicated to Dignity and Power to all incarcerated. Donate and learn more.
- The Okra Project-Feed Black Trans People and Gender Non-conforming
- The Loveland Foundation– Aims to help Black-women and Girls
- Justice For Breonna Taylor
- Justice For Belly Mujinga
- Defund The Minneapolis Police Department
- National Action Against Police Brutality
- More petitions here
US-based funds and organizations
- Equal Justice Initiative
- National Bail Fund Network
- 70+ community bail funds, mutual aid funds and racial justice organizers donation splitter
- List of bail funds
- Emergency Release Fund: For trans people in New York City
- Black Trans Femmes In The Arts (BTFA) Collective: Black Trans Protestors Emergency Fund
- LGBTQ+ Freedom Fund
- Anti-Police Terror Project
- Black Youth Project 100
- Unicorn Riot
- NAACP / NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Some funds are currently not accepting donations—including Reclaim The Block (who are requesting donations be directed to organizations on this list), MPD150 and Brooklyn Community Bail Fund—due to an influx in donations, but are worth supporting in the long term.
- Bandcamp will be donating its share of sales this Juneteenth (June 19th, from midnight to midnight PDT) to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. This will become an annual practice.
- Ahead of Bandcamp’s next no-fees day this Friday, June 5th, they’ve shared a list of all the labels and artists who will be donating sales to racial justice organizations and causes. RA will also post a guide to the day’s new releases, highlighting black artists and labels who will be donating to black causes.
- The community has also created spreadsheets to highlight black artists ahead of Bandcamp’s donation drive days: 500+ Black Producers / Artists / Labels for Bandcamp Day, BLM Bandcamp Friday Producers/Labels, Black Femme Identifying Electronic DJs/Producers/Artists
- Music Worker’s Alliance resource list
Including protest guides, mental health support for black people and educational materials for white people and NBPOC.
- #BlackLivesMatter master list
- Support Black Lives Matter: Donations, petitions, resources, and more
- Black Mental Health Alliance
- Melanin And Mental Health
- National Queer And Trans Therapists Of Color Network (NQTTCN)
- Black Minds Matter UK
- Support Black People Master Doc
- A list of black-owned, independent book stores in the US
- The End Of Policing by Alex S. Vitale (available as a free download via Verso)
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration In The Age Of Colourblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Me And White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- How To Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- So You Want To Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Black History Month Library
- Space/Race Reading List
Support the DYBP Podcast!
Let your voice be heard:
Share your story on social media–use #DYBPcast !
Ask questions, make comments, express yourself freely. Email Jen, 213-915-6883 text or call
DYBP graphic design © 2020 by Laura Gernon
DYBP theme song, “Ditch” © 2020 by Dean Keith